The Nenqayni Wellness Centre (www.nenqayni.com) is a residential alcohol and drug treatment centre, funded by First Nations Health Authority, providing holistic healing to First Nations and Inuit youth, families and communities in a safe and secure environment. Our Mobile Treatment Program extends therapeutic services to communities in our area. We are located approximately twenty one kilometers north of Williams Lake on a secluded section (the old ski hill) of the Soda Creek Reserve.
Nenqayni welcomes unsolicited applications or enquires regarding employment and career opportunities, particularly from recent graduates of relevant post secondary education (see requirements below).
Our clinical staff positions include three levels of counseling staff – from entry level coaching positions to senior counselors delivering the treatment program, including one-on-one and group therapy and confidential file management.
Our support staff positions include administration, accounting, maintenance, custodial and nutrition services. Nenqayni offers a non-smoking environment.
All resumes submitted require a cover letter and 3 references.
Address P.O. Box 2529, Williams Lake, BC, V2G 4P2
Ph: (250) 989-0301
Fax: (250) 989-0307
Watch this space for employment opportunity postings!
Please send cover letter and three (3) references and drivers abstract to Nenqayni Wellness Centre PO Box 2529 Williams Lake, BC V2G 4P2 or fax 250-989-0301 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Required as soon as possible for full time 4 nights on and 4 nights off. Hours 10:00pm -8:30am. Responsible for night time clinical needs which may include charting, medication, support and reporting to day staff of both the Family Alcohol & Drug Program and the Youth & Family Inhalant Program.
- Relevant experience working with addictions with documented training completed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of family dynamics
- Ability to communicate well by phone
- Proficiency on computer
- Conflict resolution skills
- First Aid valid
- Class 5 or better
- Knowledge of colonial history and best practices for working with Indigenous populations
A resume with a cover letter needs to be sent along with a drivers abstract for consideration.
Counsellor Temporary Full Time
May require full time Monday – Friday 8:00am-4:00pm to work with persons in the treatment programs providing workshops, group and individual counselling sessions and daily support. Will need to complete ongoing assessment and charting as well as participate in debrief with program manager and team. Could work into a permanent full time position.
- Degree in a relevant field
- Experience working with persons who have addictions
- Trauma Informed knowledge
- Cultural practices such as smudging, sweats, etc.
- knowledge around grief and loss, Residential School Survivors and the impact of Residential Schools
- Ongoing education
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Applicant should be of Indigenous descent with a reliable vehicle. Required as soon as possible.
Custodian – Night Care Full Time
Working within a live in addictions program that serves families and youth. Night shift hours are 10:00pm-8:30am (10.5 hours paid). Shift are 4 nights on and 4 nights off.
Experience is needed working with a variety of cleaning products and systems. Some additional requirements would be:
- Cultural awareness of Indigenous persons in Canada
- Ability to work within a diverse and challenging treatment setting
- WHMIS certified
- First Aid Occupational Level 1
- Class 5 Drivers Licence and willing to get class 4 within 3 months
- Computer skills
- Able to lift 20 pounds
- Reliable vehicle to get to and from work
- Work well within a team
- Willing to take further training
Casual Custodians are also required
10:00pm – 8:30am, paid 10.5 hours per shift.
Similar to above duties, Would be on call for shifts on short notice or sometimes with advance notice for holiday leave.
Coach (Life Skills, Support, Monitoring – Casual
2:30-10:30 Monday through Friday or Weekend 8:00am – 11:00pm (15 hours paid)
It is an asset if you have any of the following skills/knowledge: Having cultural skills and teachings, on the land knowledge, have knowledge of First Nation’s culture and history, have been dedicated to your own personal growth and well-being, trauma-informed knowledge/skills, mental health training, emotional intelligence training, leadership and communication skills.
Preference given to applicants of First Nation descent, must submit to Criminal Record Check.
Applicants must have:
- Experience working with persons who have addictions
- Crisis Prevention Intervention Training *or willing to obtain
- Cultural Safety Training* or willing to obtain
- Reliable vehicle with Class 5 Drivers Licence & willing to obtain Class 4
Resumes may be submitted at anytime for various positions (on call cook, custodian, maintenance, coach etc., they are kept on file for a limited time only.
Application Instructions – the following is required:
Cover letter, resume and 3 references. Mail to – Nenqayni Wellness Centre, attention Sharon Duffy- , PO Box 2529 Williams Lake, BC V2G 4P2, fax: 250-989-0307 or by email to email@example.com
Intake Coordinators travel to workshops and special events to share information on Nenqayni Wellness Centre.
If you have an event planned that you would like us to attend please let us know. We appreciate as much advance notice as possible. Please allow at least 3 weeks notice for booking arrangements.
Please see our Contact Profiles page to book with an Intake Coordinator.