The Nenqayni Wellness Centre (www.nenqayni.com) is a residential alcohol and drug treatment centre, funded by First Nations Health Authority, providing holistic healing to First Nations and Inuit youth, families and communities in a safe and secure environment. Our Mobile Treatment Program extends therapeutic services to communities in our area. We are located approximately twenty one kilometers north of Williams Lake on a secluded section (the old ski hill) of the Soda Creek Reserve.
Nenqayni welcomes unsolicited applications or enquires regarding employment and career opportunities, particularly from recent graduates of relevant post secondary education (see requirements below).
Our clinical staff positions include three levels of counseling staff – from entry level coaching positions to senior counselors delivering the treatment program, including one-on-one and group therapy and confidential file management.
Our support staff positions include administration, accounting, maintenance, custodial and nutrition services.
Address P.O. Box 2529, Williams Lake, BC, V2G 4P2
Ph: (250) 989-0301
Fax: (250) 989-0307
Watch this space for employment opportunity postings!
Interested applicants must send resume, a cover letter and three(3) references to Nenqayni Wellness Centre, PO Box 2529, Williams Lake, BC, V2G 4P2 or by fax: 250-989-0307 or email email@example.com
Clinical Services Director – Full Time
Are you skilled and passionate in your clinical support capacity and professional while guiding a team? Then Nenqayni Wellness Centre wants you!
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic individual who can incorporate holistic practice and is ready to be part of transformational healing in an addictions setting.
The Clinical Services Director will be responsible for overseeing the counselling team and providing individual counselling and assessment. It would be an asset to have: cultural skills and teachings, knowledge of First Nation’s culture and history. Requirement to be dedicated to your own personal growth and well-being.
Applicants must have:
· Master’s degree in counselling, social work or related field
· 5 Years counselling experience working in addictions
· 5 Years of supervisory experience with strong communication skills
· Ability to lead case management
· Ability to work in crisis/and or pressure situations
· Knowledge of residential school/Indian Day school impact
· Knowledge of intergenerational trauma
· Tools such as Medicine Wheel teachings
· Cultural Safety Training* or willing to obtain
· Reliable vehicle with Class 5 Drivers Licence
Required as soon as possible Preference given to applicants of First Nation descent
Day Care Worker – Casual On Call
8:00am – 4:00pm
- High School graduation
- Early Childhood Education Diploma
- Experience in a licensed daycare facility
- Experience working with Indigenous people
- Valid First Aid
- Class 5 Driver’s License
- Reliable Transportation
- Clean Criminal Record Check
Daycare hours are 9:00-3:00 with parents picking up children for lunch. Ages range from newborn to Kindergarten age. Successful candidate will preferably be of Indigenous decent and will need to provide a drivers abstract. Must provide a resume, include cover letter and three(3) references (names and phone numbers). Resumes and documentation is requested ASAP for interview and orientation for successful applicant in mid September.
Resume and cover letter to be sent to Sharon Duffy/Human Resources
Counsellor – Mobile Treatment & Family Full Time
– work as part of a team hours possible are Monday – Friday with travel to communities.
Do you love to work with people where they are at? Are you inspired by their potential, and do you enjoy a challenge? We want you to join our dynamic team, in a job that offers great benefits.
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who are passionate and committed to holistic healing and qualified to provide experienced counselling.
Applicants must have:
- counselling qualifications and experience
- strong communication skills
- ability to participate in and lead case management
- group workshop facilitation skills
- crisis prevention intervention training
- cultural safety training
- willing to participate in hands on cultural activities
- Mental health awareness
- reliable vehicle with class r Drivers Licence and willing to obtain class 4 within 3 months
Required as soon as possible. Must provide cover letter, resume and 3 references.
Resumes may be submitted at anytime for various positions (on call cook, custodian, maintenance, coach etc, they are kept on file for a limited time only. When submitting a resume the following is required:
Cover letter, resume and 3 references. Mail to – Nenqayni Wellness Centre, attention Sharon Duffy- , PO Box 2529 Williams Lake, BC V2G 4P2, fax: 250-989-0307 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Intake Coordinators travel to workshops and special events to share information on Nenqayni Wellness Centre.
If you have an event planned that you would like us to attend please let us know. We appreciate as much advance notice as possible. Please allow at least 3 weeks notice for booking arrangements.
Please see our Contact Profiles page to book with an Intake Coordinator.