The Nenqayni Wellness Centre (www.nenqayni.com) is a residential alcohol and drug treatment centre, funded by First Nations Health Authority, providing holistic healing to First Nations and Inuit youth, families and communities in a safe and secure environment. Our Mobile Treatment Program extends therapeutic services to communities in our area. We are located approximately twenty one kilometers north of Williams Lake on a secluded section (the old ski hill) of the Soda Creek Reserve.
Nenqayni welcomes unsolicited applications or enquires regarding employment and career opportunities, particularly from recent graduates of relevant post secondary education (see requirements below).
Our clinical staff positions include three levels of counseling staff – from entry level coaching positions to senior counselors delivering the treatment program, including one-on-one and group therapy and confidential file management.
Our support staff positions include administration, accounting, maintenance, custodial and nutrition services.
Address P.O. Box 2529, Williams Lake, BC, V2G 4P2
Ph: (250) 989-0301
Fax: (250) 989-0307
Watch this space for employment opportunity postings!
Interested applicants must send resume, a cover letter and three(3) references to Nenqayni Wellness Centre, PO Box 2529, Williams Lake, BC, V2G 4P2 or by fax: 250-989-0307 or email email@example.com
Casual Cook – required as soon as possible
- Must have valid Food Safe Certification
- Must have kitchen experience
- Must have the ability to work without supervision
- Must have a valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- To provide an efficient and food service to the establishment. Ensure a high standard of food presentation at all times.
- When required ensure stock is stored under the correct conditions
- Participate in the food preparation and cooking activities of the kitchen
- Maintain a safe and hygienic working environment
- Insure food and safety plan is implemented and correctly documented
- Participate in cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection of all kitchen areas daily
- Work in accordance with Nenqayni’s Occupational Health & Safety
- Adhere to Nenqayni’s policies and management practices
- Contribute to the attainment and development of the goals and objectives
- Ensure duties directed by the Cook Supervisor are fully undertaken
Wage starts at $16.42 per hour with an additional $1 increase for Class 4 Drivers License
Hours are 10:00 am to 7:00 pm from Saturday and Sunday (18 hours per week).
Preferably, the successful candidates will be of Aboriginal Descent. Must have reliable transportation to and from the centre.
Please send resume and cover letter with three (3) reference letters to: fax 250-989-0301 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Day Care Worker – Casual On Call
8:00am – 4:00pm
- High School graduation
- Early Childhood Education Diploma
- Experience in a licensed daycare facility
- Experience working with Indigenous people
- Valid First Aid
- Class 5 Driver’s License
- Reliable Transportation
- Clean Criminal Record Check
Daycare hours are 9:00-3:00 with parents picking up children for lunch. Ages range from newborn to Kindergarten age. Successful candidate will preferably be of Indigenous decent and will need to provide a drivers abstract. Must provide a resume, include cover letter and three(3) references (names and phone numbers). Resumes and documentation is requested ASAP for interview and orientation for successful applicant in mid September.
Resume and cover letter to be sent to Sharon Duffy/Human Resources
Counsellor – Mobile Treatment & Family Full Time
– work as part of a team hours possible are Monday – Friday with travel to communities.
Do you love to work with people where they are at? Are you inspired by their potential, and do you enjoy a challenge? We want you to join our dynamic team, in a job that offers great benefits.
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who are passionate and committed to holistic healing and qualified to provide experienced counselling.
Applicants must have:
- counselling qualifications and experience
- strong communication skills
- ability to participate in and lead case management
- group workshop facilitation skills
- crisis prevention intervention training
- cultural safety training
- willing to participate in hands on cultural activities
- Mental health awareness
- reliable vehicle with class r Drivers Licence and willing to obtain class 4 within 3 months
Required as soon as possible. Must provide cover letter, resume and 3 references.
Night Care Support – Casual 10:30 pm – 9:00 am
This is an overnight position that focuses on providing safety and security to residents while also performing janitorial duties in common areas, kitchens, gym, and offices and other areas throughout the centre.
Applicants must have:
- Reliable transportation with a Class 5 Drivers Licence
- Experience with cleaning routines
- Be able to lift 20lbs
- Communication skills including -computer, verbal and written reports
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a treatment setting
Assets would be: valid First Aid Certificate, Crisis Prevention Intervention, addictions/mental health training. Must submit to a criminal record check, provide a drivers abstract. Preference will be given to First Nations.
Send Cover Letter, Resume and 3 References Attention Sharon Duffy to: email@example.com, fax 250-989-0307 or drop off at the centre.
Resumes may be submitted at anytime for various positions (on call cook, custodian, maintenance, coach etc, they are kept on file for a limited time only. When submitting a resume the following is required:
Cover letter, resume and 3 references. Mail to – Nenqayni Wellness Centre, attention Sharon Duffy- , PO Box 2529 Williams Lake, BC V2G 4P2, fax: 250-989-0307 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Intake Coordinators travel to workshops and special events to share information on Nenqayni Wellness Centre.
If you have an event planned that you would like us to attend please let us know. We appreciate as much advance notice as possible. Please allow at least 3 weeks notice for booking arrangements.
Please see our Contact Profiles page to book with an Intake Coordinator.